sugar, spice and all things mice

About my mice and rat escapades and how my boys and girls are doing. Oh, and sometimes me too.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

Yet another long time since my last post I'm afraid. Still I am back now, having had a wonderful Christmas day of wine and food and sleep and cosy time spent with Mum. Just the way to relax. The women and babies of Sheffield have two weeks rest from my prodding and poking.
And I certainly needed a relax - phew. I went out into community with my community midwife from the first year. Back to the same area and have already seen a woman I saw two years ago back for her third baby. It's like a totally different world from hospital - demanding in a new kind of way. Needing to be able to answer questions about anything you can imagine, and a few things you can't. Plus the tricky thing of being on the constant look out for a problem developing in Mum or Baby without robbing them of their 'normal' experience. Tricky line to draw - and I think that's why everyone goes on about midwives as autonomous practitioners as everybody makes those choices differently. So I'm currently trying to develop my own style - PHEW!
I have two home deliveries booked for the week I go back to Sheffield, and I am so hopeful they hold on and choose an optimum time. Chance will be a fine thing, but here's hoping.

Mice and rats doing well, currently attacking carrots, a shoe box and toilet rolls. And fingers crossed the house will be mine on the 18th of January, a few days before my exam, but then I'll be free to play with it to my hearts content. Woooowoooo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

All exciting stuff...but now I need to find dogs and children and come and see you!
Happy ermm...Holy Innocents day (sounds unlikely to me...)

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home