sugar, spice and all things mice

About my mice and rat escapades and how my boys and girls are doing. Oh, and sometimes me too.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Coaster success

I have managed to cut three coasters from my piece of oak that I took from a big fallen tree when Mum and I visited the wood. I am most pleased with this as I initially was somewhat surprised at just how difficult to saw through oak can be. Still apart from the first one being a bit dodgy my perseverance has paid off. Hard work though, I think I'll stick to delivering babies as opposed to forestry.

Maisy, previously our dog before moving onto a new home, arrived back last night and has been lovely to have here. Her temperament from Bill is so totally different and he changes himself under her influence. But Mum was right, lovely though it is to have her here I think that when she goes we'll be secretly pleased to see her restored to her rightful home. In the mean time packing must be done for my visit to Cambridge. Normally I would dread the journey, but it's amazing how after a few travels with rats and mice any journey made without them seems like it will be really easy, even if lugging a huge bag. Kind of like travelling with children, although you can't really keep them in a box and get away with it.

Right, back to my dragon whilst I sniff the soup in anticipation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Pictures? Where are the pictures??
your public is waiting...
Hope all goes well both en route and in Cambridge. Wave at Trinity for me xx

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home