sugar, spice and all things mice

About my mice and rat escapades and how my boys and girls are doing. Oh, and sometimes me too.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A stressed mouse-parent



Ok, so I noticed this morning that one of my mice has what looks like a lump on its head. It's not very big, and the mouse doesn't appear to notice. It's doing everything like normal, including being the first to learn how to use the new extra-silent wheel. (They cannot have their normal wheel at night, you can hear it from downstairs with the window closed). So he doesn't seem to be poorly. I think the plan for now is to closely observe and then take him to the vet if needed here, and maybe to the vet at easter if he doesn't go to one here before then. I'm completely twitched about it, but I think it'll stress him out more to take him now as he's carrying on as normal. To carry on watching!!

All toilet rolls would be very very gratefully received as I have to throw them away every few days when I clean the cage out, and they do love them.

Last day tomorrow on SCBU, so the end is in sight. I'm going to try to get the most out of it. I hate not looking forward to something like this so I'll see what I can do. I just hate being up at 6. It's not natural.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Oh dear.Poor you. It's desperate when they're not well, isn't it.I guess now is not the best moment to tell you that, after numerous vet bills for assorted hamsters, our then vet said to me (very sweetly, really) that if he were me, with our huge menagerie, he would form a resolve never to consult him for anyone smaller than a rabbit....
The trouble was that we tended only to realise that there was owt amiss with the smaller animals when they were so poorly there wasn't much to be done....which is clearly not the case here. So ignore me. And I'll start saving loo rolls instantly...we're only about 20 mins from Matson. I do pray for the citizens of hen city, amid all the bird flu terrors, so I'll add your mouse too, shall I?

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home