sugar, spice and all things mice

About my mice and rat escapades and how my boys and girls are doing. Oh, and sometimes me too.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A crazy night

Ugh, the boys and girls all decided to be extra crazy since I'm writing about them. Last night we had a mouse trauma. Mine are brothers who have been together in a cage since birth, and never had any problems. Since they've come home with me they have had a few scuffles but nothing major. However yesterday I think I made a tactical error, I introduced carrot (never had before) and it was a success. Problem is I stupidly put only one piece in and I think this led to a bigger squabble than normal. Now little speedy mouse has a cut ear which isn't major, but to me looks horrific cos I'm in the mega overprotective phase. So from now on three pieces of carrot at once.

In terms of the girls, Spice decided last night to perform an escaping act when I was cleaning out their hutch. SHe bounded out of the carry case and accross the floor. It only took about ten minutes to catch her, but I was ready to have a heart attack by the end of it all. Not good.

Honestly, attention seeking rodents.

I'm away for the night tonight so they have their wheel back (it makes too much noise if I'm sleeping here too) so they've all tried to run in it at once which doesn't work so well and now they're back to sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger hencity said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:44 PM  
Blogger hencity said...

more pictures please - previous post full of misspellings due to alcohol

9:45 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Hope you don't mind a total stranger commenting...came via your mum's blog (as is the way of these things)...I once shared a study for 3 weeks with 2 (accidentally) free-range gerbils. They had a wonderful time tunnelling behind books, leaving little trails to indicate their presence and nibbling the corners of elderly parish mags (at last, a use for them!)
They were far too clever to fall for the assorted lures I placed, and would probably still be scampering beneath floor boards to this day, were it not for a careless open door and a large tabby cat.
Glad Spice was recovered safely.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home