sugar, spice and all things mice

About my mice and rat escapades and how my boys and girls are doing. Oh, and sometimes me too.

Monday, March 20, 2006

This is Sugar. She is by far the more extraverted of the girls. However when it comes down to it Spice has the edge if cornered or trying to work something out. At the moment they are both asleep in their brand new little wooden house.
The girls and boys live in their respective cages in my bedroom, with Sugar and Spice closer to my desk on the floor. Whilst it's boring spending a day attached to your desk (trying to prepare presentations for problem-based midwifery) it is definately better when kept company by your rat friends. They come and sit by the bars of the cage nearest to the desk, or start rampaging to get some attention.
I've only just sat back down at my computer after having my tea and within a few minutes they're out to say hello. I have a webcam for talking online to friends on messenger, and for a while I've been thinking that it might be a good idea to position it so that it was always on one cage or another. Sad to say their lives are more entertaining than a webcam on me getting frustrated with my computer.
Earlier one of the mice (they still don't have names, I need help) ran straight accross the keyboard, anything for a bit of attention! In terms of mice names there have been a few suggestions: alvin, simon and theodore (the chipmunks of course) or sausage, egg and bacon. I'm not sure whether to go for three matching names or name them for individual characteristics. So many things to think about, so little time

I also feel like I need to give a special mention to Bill my Lurcher back at home (away from university) and Polly our slightly weight-challenged cat, not to mention the many birds of differing varieties. I feel that Bill will be making an appearance here more than I might like.

Back to the midwifery now!

1 Comments:

Blogger hencity said...

Bill sends greetings - he went to see a wood today near Bath which we might decide to buy - it's on a slope facing south-west so lots of sun, and full of fallen trees and loads of different wild plants. I found a badger skull there which kind of clinched it in terms of endearment - so watch this space (it's only tiny because Bill is lying in it!).

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home