sugar, spice and all things mice

About my mice and rat escapades and how my boys and girls are doing. Oh, and sometimes me too.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Arrival of the transporter cage


I get the feeling that I am going to feel quite silly on the train, but that is the price of mice.
Still I think I might test run it by going and staying at my friends for one night which will involve taking them on the tram.

I start back on placement tomorrow and have all the classic nerves that you always get. And as always they are messing me around with shifts. It's amazing how something so simple and small can ruin so much. The other problem is that often reactions to it can seem over the top to others who don't have to cope with it. This makes for a complicated situation.

I'm meeting a friend I used to live with at my previous university for lunch today. It'll be lovely to see him, but seeing him makes me realise how different my previous uni course was. It wasn't that it was easy, but that the difficult parts of it were things that you could deal with by putting effort in. Midwifery doesn't appear to be like this.

Anyway, had a productive morning, mice cage cleaned, five shelves put up, and some other things sorted. After lunch it's hoovering, sorting folders and getting things ready for tomorrow.


2 Comments:

Blogger hencity said...

that's quite a transporter! I think the fact that part of it is a vibrant orange will help people to stay away from you and give you a double seat to yourself - it looks as though you might have something quite dangerous in it, like a Tasmanian Devil.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

It's stunning! Even better than my friend's hamster citadel, I think- just as long as it's truly mouse-proof!
I'm hoping that the time setting on one of our computers is wrong and that you weren't really posting at 3 in the morning, as I can't help feeling that might not make your first day on placement too much fun. Hope it goes really well, though.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home