sugar, spice and all things mice

About my mice and rat escapades and how my boys and girls are doing. Oh, and sometimes me too.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

An update about pictures

There will be more pictures of the boys and girls soon. They are after all quite photogenic little bunnies (well at least somebody is).
I'm pleased to say that the ear appears to be healing nicely. When it happened I went straight on the internet (while cuddling mouse in question - making the process slightly tricky) and logged onto a mouse forum to ask for advice. I have had some lovely replies and welcomes to the site, not to mention really practical advice about how to deal with the situation. It just struck me how nice it is when other people share your craziness about animals and the importance that they have in your life. Not to mention the extent to which people who are enthused in this way will take the time to help other people who are more new to it all. I'm only sorry I don't know more people in the local area who share a love of mice and rats, I'm keeping my eyes open though.
My aim for the near future is to attend a mouse and rat show, not necessarily a mega organised posh one, but one where people bring their animals to mingle with others, especially people who are breeding new strains or colours. I've been doing some reading about it and it is really fascinating. I can't wait until I can have a place with enough space to have more, and maybe breed some mice. It wouldn't be fair to them at the moment due to the size of my room, not to mention the smell that would dominate my bedroom/study all purpose space. But one day.....

I can't remember if I already mentioned this, but I am quite excited about the carry cage I have managed to find really cheap to transport the mice home at Easter. It is one that can be added on to others to expand it as necessary, and is suitable for carrying them in. I dread to think what people are going to think of me on the train with my two travel cases full of rodenty creatures, but we'll just have to wait and see.



Lastly - mice can jump 12 inches vertically if they choose. (My little boys will give that Lurcher a run for his money).

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks for the friendly welcome :-)
I would have thought that attending a show would entail a huge risk that you might return with umpteen new family members...glad that the carrying cages have potential to expand!

11:13 PM  
Blogger hencity said...

I went to a show at Olympia when I was a teenager and breeding mice. The people were so interested in helping other amateurs and I guess it won't have changed much since then. Animal stuff can bring out the best in lots of people ( and the worst in a few).

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home